LO: To know the features of the desert
LO: To find out about what makes desert animals so well adapted to their habitat
What do you need to do?
1. Watch the David Attenborough Our Planet – Desert video and be inspired.
2. Complete the Oak Academy session on 'What lives in a desert habitat?
You do not need to do the introductory quiz as this is based on a topic we have not covered. Click next and it will move you through to the next section.
3. Read the fact files on 'hot desert animals'. Choose one of these to write about, or go and research another animal that lives in a hot desert and find out why it is suited to live there.
4. START DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD ANIMAL HABITATS - watch Miss Pick's video to see how.
Do title across whole double page spread.
Children to split their page into 4 sections
First section – Title - Desert Animal
Draw an animal which lives in this habitat and write a few sentences about how it lives in this environment.
Each week this will be added to with different habitats. A few sentences per habitat with each picture.
5. Plenary - Enjoy the story 'Meerkat Mail'.